Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What Not To Do...

When you get a brand new truck...


So my friend Tom bout a new Toyota Tacoma. Two wheel drive, stick shift, 4 cylinder engine. I think he believes that he owns a 4-wheel monster.

Yesterday Tom was leaving the office and decided to try and conquer a hill that is right by our business park... It actually starts at the end of our parking spots.

Since I never had a little brother i like to be the instigator of Tom's escapades. As he was leaving the office he asked if I thought that he could make it over the hill. Of course I said yes. So he crept over the curb and proceeded to try to clear the hill and start down the slope. At about half way he asked if he was going to clear and I said, "Well, your frame is about to touch but it is going to be close. You've gone this far you might as well try for it. So he did and the next thing we knew is that his front tire was hanging over the slope with nothing to grab on to. We tried everything from sticking 2x2 blocks of wood under his left rear tire (which was also in the air) to me siting in the bed on that side of the truck to get the tire some traction. Nothing worked. Thankfully there was a guy that had just gotten off work and he had a truck that could possibly help out. 30 minutes later, a pissed office leasee (our neighbor who stated that we were ruining his F-in flower garden) and a nice guy with a truck and Tom was free. By the way, the "flower garden" has been driven over at least a half dozen times before Tom even made an attempt... and its not his, its the building parks. Anyway...

3 things I learned:
1. I think I can get Tom to do just about anything
2. Little trucks aren't made to off road
3. Our neighbor is a tiny bit if a douche.

Here are some pics from this wonderful event.





























2 comments:

Ange said...

It seems like Luke and Tom both like doing stupid things with their vehicles. I'm glad to hear you can influence Tom to do anything. Maybe you should influence him to actually FINISH getting the tattoo on his shoulder.

Anonymous said...

Ange, shut up