Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Welcome to the world of winning

Ok, so I figued that my first real blog would probably not happen for a really long time. Well I guess the itch of the blogging community is finally going to get scratched.

Today was the inaugural football game for Saddleback who was graciously invited to join Mariners, Rock Harbor, and Yorba Linda Friends for some Turkey Day football. Not only did we win, but we won!!!! Anyway, I had a lot of fun playing some D and praise God, I didnt get hurt.

Our first game was against Yorba Linda and it was a lot closer than i thought it would be. There were many stellar athletes that helped to provide a win and a chance at the title game.

The next game was against Mariners and the rumor on the street was that they had multiple players that had played college football. Now, I thought to myself, self, sure they could have played college but who knows if it was in 1968 or 1998 so dont worry to much because if they were that good... they probably wouldnt want to play with us. Mariners had won the previous game against Rock 7-1 scoring at will against a solid opponent. If that doesnt make you a tad bit nervous i dont know what would. Anyway, it was game time and i was stoked... we played 35 minutes of shut-out football until they got lucky on a little defensive man-to-man confusion by one of our players. Needless to say the scored to make the game 3-1. There were some amazing plays in that game and Saddleback came out the Victor.


Today exceeded my expectations of what would happen and I am glad to say that we took the turkey trophy home and ate it


or placed it in the church office.

Thanks for listening to my rambling

Randy

No comments: