Tuesday, February 19, 2008

its time again...

...to get off my lazy butt and write more useless information...

so today i was listening to a country song by Rodney Atkins entitled "Cleaning This Gun (Come on In Boy)" Now before some of you judge me... 1. yes i listen to country and 2. yes it is a choice.

With that being said, i felt like this song was preparing me to get ready for kids... and God willing one day i have a little girl, this is definitely something that will go on in the Craft household...

Come on in boy sit on down
And tell me about yourself
So you like my daughter do you now?
Yeah we think she's something else
She's her daddy's girl
Her momma's world
She deserves respect
That’s what she'll get
Now ain't it son?
Y’all go out and have some fun
I'll see you when you get back
Probably be up all night
Still cleanin' this gun


After reading that...I have two goals as a father when it comes time to dating my little girl.

1. To hopefully raise her right and instill in her the morals that a parent should, so that she chooses the right boys to like.
2. To make sure that whoever she dates... they will understand what it is like to have a healthy fear for their life... A fear only second to the reverent fear of God.

To my future daughter, I'm not sorry if your first dates don't go very well.


-RC

1 comment:

Heather McTaggart said...

1. FINALLY you blogged AGAIN! Glad to have you back!

2. I am pretty sure my husband has scared off a boy or two in our daughter's life...she hates us for it now...but she will love us again when the teen years pass! He walks a fine line of not threatening...JUST WARNING!