Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Razor-jacking

A few weeks ago one of my volunteer's son had his razor scooter stolen from the high school while we were setting up for church. We had thought it was long gone. The razor was very specific because it had custom stickers that say his name on it, "Jace". Well, yesterday, I was driving by Juice It Up in San Clemente and what do I see on the ground outside? A razor scooter with the name Jace on the bottom.

I stopped my truck right in the street, grabbed the razor and walked inside. There was one guy sitting down, around 35-40 years old and I asked him if the razor belonged to him. His response was yes, to my confusion I said, "Um, no its not. It actually belongs to my son Jace." (I referred to him as my son to eliminate any erroneous details that would have not matter in the situation.) Then I asked him, Is your name Jace? His response came back with a, "No". Finally, I said "Ok, I am taking this" and I walked out the door.

That's right, I jacked the person who jacked a friend…so I Re-Jacked the Razor… Here are a few pictures of my triumphant victory.









-RC

4 comments:

annie said...

amazing. I especially love the picture on the right. It looks like you're holding your new born razer.

Ange said...

Wow - you should be a detective. Next time my razor is stolen I'll call you.

Chris Poblete said...

ha. this was great.

Heather McTaggart said...

You make me laugh...or you make me happy with your stories! I miss sharing desk area with you even though it was for about 1 second! I love the Razor story! THAT'S GREAT!